[Haskell-cafe] can't build hIDE

Salvatore Insalaco kirby81 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:39:43 EDT 2007

> src/Hide/Plugin/LoaderMidLevel.hs:126:26: Not in scope: `moduleFS'

hIDE uses low-level GHC APIs to do some of its tricks. Unfortunately, GHC
APIs change faster than hIDE, so the last version of hIDE is not compatible
with GHC 6.6.

As far as I know, in GHC 6.6 moduleFS has been renamed moduleNameFS. You can
try to replace "moduleFS" with "moduleNameFS" on line 126 in
src/Hide/Plugin/LoaderMidLevel.hs, and try to recompile.

Tell me if you manage to compile it with this fix, hIDE authors could be
interested.

Salvatore