[Haskell-cafe] RE: haskell for web

Martin Coxall pseudo.meta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 04:44:27 EDT 2007

On 7/17/07, Bayley, Alistair <Alistair_Bayley at invescoperpetual.co.uk> wrote:
> > From: glasgow-haskell-users-bounces at haskell.org
> > [mailto:glasgow-haskell-users-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of ???
> >
> > help
> > haskell for web code
>

> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Applications_and_libraries/Web_programming
>
> Try a few of these out (whatever meets your needs). For web apps WASH and HAppS seem popular. Feel free to ask the haskell-café list for further help.

I wonder why 'we' aren't pushing things like this big time. When Ruby
took off, more than anything else it was because of Rails. Web
programming is something 'the kids' can really get into, and it caused
Ruby to explode into the mainstream geek consciousness.

Maybe the Haskell community should push something like Happs or Wash
in the same way.

Martin