[Haskell-cafe] Is this haskelly enough?

Dan Weston westondan at imageworks.com
Tue Jul 17 20:25:33 EDT 2007

ok wrote:
> I think it is at least mildly interesting that people commented about
> things like whether to do it using explicit parameters ("pointful"
> style) or higher-order functions ("pointless" style) and whether to
> use the list monad or concatMap, but everyone seemed to be happy
> with a cubic time algorithm when there's a linear time one.

Speaking only for myself, I concern myself with an algorithm when I am
learning an algorithm, or using one to solve a real problem.

I try out list monads to learn about list monads, because I am already
comfortable with list comprehensions.

I concern myself with syntax manipulations and pointedness for the sheer
unadulterated fun of it.

Then I go back to my day job using C++.

Everyone has their own motivations. I would not draw any further
conclusions about them from the data at hand.

Dan