[Haskell-cafe] Producing MinimumValue

Alexteslin alexteslin at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 13:55:19 EDT 2007

The question suggests to use some functions defined in the section, and one
of them is iSort.
So i used the function but without using higher-order functions - i don't
know though how correct is it?

minimumValue :: [Int] -> Int
minimumValue ns = head (iSort ns)

The other question is to test whether the values of allEqual on inputs 0 to
n are all equal.  Again, I defined the method but not sure if its concise?

allEqual :: [Int] -> Bool
allEqual xs = length xs == length (filter isEqual xs)
	where
	isEqual n = (head xs) == n

Excuse me for questions like these, probably they are not interested ones
but I am just trying to learn the thinking behind the function definitions.

Thank you