[Haskell-cafe] i need wxHaskell compiled for ghc 6.6.1 on Windows

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jul 22 20:02:42 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 18:02 +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Neil,
>
> Saturday, July 21, 2007, 11:46:59 PM, you wrote:
> >> can anyone provide wxHaskell already compiled/compilable with ghc 6.6.1 on
> >> Windows?
>
> > This is precisely the reason I switched to Gtk2Hs - Duncan provides
> > Windows installers as each new GHC release comes out. If wxHaskell
> > wants to stand any chance as an alternative GUI framework there really
> > _must_ be Windows binaries released concurrently with GHC versions...
>
> i've taken a look at gtk2hs, but 2 reasons forced me to give wxHaskell
> a try:
>
> - native appearance

I think that's pretty good these days, the native theme on Windows has
been getting better and better from Gtk+ 2.6 to the current 2.10

> - current lack of high-level properties machinery in gtk2hs

Actually Gtk2Hs and wxHaskell have a very similar properties api (they
both stole it off of an older Haskell GUI lib) and we're planning to
make further improvements to that in the current development cycle.

Duncan