[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Finance.Quote.Yahoo-0.2

brad clawsie clawsie at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 26 14:13:47 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 01:34:24PM -0400, Thomas Hartman wrote:
> I installed this and ran the sample program at
>

> http://www.b7j0c.org/content/haddock/finance-quote-yahoo/Finance-Quote-Yahoo.html
>
> This timed out. I suspect, because I am behind a corporate proxy server.

i am sorry you are having difficulty thomas

i use the HTTP module as the basis for making webservice requests

i am not sure how proxying is handled by that package

i believe some people maintaining the HTTP package read this list

many operating systems allow users to stipulate a proxy through an
environment variable as you note

please let me know if my code breaks for some other reason, i will
work hard to fix any legitimate bugs immediately