[Haskell-cafe] Re: Resolved: ffi linking problem

jeff p mutjida at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 22:48:12 EDT 2007

Hello,

> No, it sounds like you're using the wrong import syntax.
>
> That linker warning is a dead givaway you should be using ccall, not
> stdcall.

Ok. I just tried changing this and now things work fairly well. I
thought stdcall was the correct syntax for windows.

This seems like a strange state of affairs. I have a C library I want
to use. I can create an executable which links directly to the library
by using stdcall and -fvia-C, but I can't get ghci to use anything
which links directly to the library. Or, I can indirectly link to the
library via my own C wrapper functions using ccall, no need for
-fvia-C, and get either a standalone or a module which ghci will use.

thanks for the help,
  Jeff