[Haskell-cafe] OpenGL

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Sat Jun 2 11:22:53 EDT 2007

On Saturday 02 June 2007 16:01:05 Dan Piponi wrote:
> On 6/1/07, Jon Harrop <jon at ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
> > Great, thanks. May I just ask, does ShadowMap.hs work on your machine?
>
> It compiles fine. Runs imperfectly. The shadow map matrix seems to be
> off so that shadows aren't quite being cast correctly. (ghc 6.6.1 on
> MacOSX with a GeForce FX Go5200 if that's relevant.) Additionally the
> main window lacks a title bar and doesn't receive keyboard events.
> I've no idea if the problems are with HOpenGL or the example code.

I had a suspicion that the problem might be my forcing antialiasing on
globally using nvidia-settings. This has adversely affected my own code
(OCaml, nothing to do with HOpenGL). But I tried turning it back off and the
ShadowMap.hs demo still displays only a black screen here. I'm on Linux with
a GF7900GX but it shouldn't make any difference.

As long as it works on someone else's computer, I'll keep fiddling with it
here. Thanks!

BTW, the other OpenGL demos I've seen are fantastic - great work!

OCaml for Scientists
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_for_scientists/?e