[Haskell-cafe] I just don't get it (data structures and OO)

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Sun Jun 3 05:13:06 EDT 2007

Phlex <Phlex at telenet.be> writes:

> The thing is, now that i have my planet p... i want to change it's age
> ... and get back the new state of the universe...

It is true, there is often a significant amount of "boilerplate" code
needed to wrap a simple planet-change nested deep within a universe
structure.

There has been lots of research into easing the pain of creating this
outer traversal code - search for "Scrap your boilerplate", "compos",
"Play", "generic traversal" (in conjunction with "Haskell").

Regards,
    Malcolm