[Haskell-cafe] (pre)compiled Haskell compiler for True64/Alpha

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at iks-jena.de
Wed Jun 6 08:15:21 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:00:15PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> I think the last ghc I ran on OSF/1 alpha was hmm, 5.04.2?

Yep. I found that, because it was heavily described. There were quite a
number of bugs with 64bit code. This are the same problems I have with nhc
or hugs (sizeof (void*) != sizeof int). Hugs simply crashes while nhc does
not compile (yet).

> You might be able to get a newer one working though. The 6.x series is
> fairly easy to bootstrap (there's alpha/debian for example), so if you
> run into problems, let glasgow-haskell-users@ know.

Thank you. I do not have Linux, so a Debian packet does not help that much.