[Haskell-cafe] Just curios

Fritz Ruehr fruehr at willamette.edu
Mon Jun 11 14:27:38 EDT 2007

For what it's worth, a handful of people who have ordered Haskell
merchandise from the CafePress store over the years have had
"Haskell" as a surname. I assume they look at the designs before they
buy, and I can't imagine what they think of some of them, but I guess
the allure of having your (fairly obscure) name on a shirt can be
irresistible.

Then again, I suppose they could be functional programmers who just
happen to have Haskell as a surname.

   --  Fritz

PS: In other CafePress-Haskell Shop trivia, 277 items have been sold
since the turn of the century, at a total price of just over one
thousand dollars ... but, of course, no profit. (This last seems to
be a slight problem with our business model.) The most curious order
to date was a canceled one for 60 junior "baby doll" t-shirts: I like
to imagine that some sort of big chorus number was planned for an ill-
fated Broadway revue, but who can tell?