[Haskell-cafe] IDE?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Jun 15 18:24:33 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 11:38:17PM +0200, bf3 at telenet.be wrote:
> I've searched the internet for an Haskell IDE that supports the following:
Goto haskell.org -> Applications and libraries -> Editros written in
Haskell and Editors for haskell.
Also have look at the haskell-cafe mailinglist archive.
This has been discussed recently.
But you are right. I'm no longer able to find the page giving a
comprehensive list of editor support on haskell.org. Either it's to late
or it is gone.
> - syntax highlighting
Many editors do support this. (JEdit, vim, emacs, kedit,..)
> - quick navigation (goto symbol, goto instance, find usages, etc)
using tags I know that jEdit, vim and emacs do support this. I'm sure
many others do as well
> - cross module refactoring
Search haskell.org for refactoring. There are some applications.
But I can't tell you how well they are integrated within editors.
> - code completion
For visual studio there exists a pretty complete ide.
there is eclipsefp for haskell and OCaml.

I've written some kind of function and module completion for vim.
When importing many files it gets too slow.
There doe exist two different approaches (search for them in the
mailinglist archive.. ) eg http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=haskell-cafe+ide&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

> This does not seem to exist? If this is correct, this is a real shame,
You are invited to write one ;)

I'm sure that you'll get a lot of additional replies pointing you to
more information

HTH
Marc Weber