[Haskell-cafe] IDE?

peterv bf3 at telenet.be
Mon Jun 18 07:02:42 EDT 2007

Well, if I was 15 again and had no RSI in both arms, I certainly would
create a basic IDE as my first Haskell project, it would be fun ;) I've
looked at the code of Visual Haskell, but I'm not (yet/ever?) capable of
enhancing it (the Haskell part, the COM/C++ part is a lot easier for me). So
it's a bit of a chicken and egg problem. To adapt existing code for getting
a better editor, I need to learn Haskell. To really learn Haskell, I need to
start typing and doing concrete projects, but I want to type as less as
possible, so I need a good IDE. Furthermore, because of my RSI, I see my
future in teaching and not coding. And it will remain a hobby project,
because I'm not able to convince my colleagues to switch to Haskell, mostly
because it has no production-stable .NET backend and Visual Studio
integration (yet, I know its work in progress)

Anyway, I'll start with emacs again, maybe I see the light this time ;)

Peter