[Haskell-cafe] Re: Plugin Problem

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Wed Jun 20 19:49:15 EDT 2007

It half worked in ghci. Only all evals failed. That gave me a lead and after a
lot of tinkering with the code of plugins-1.0, I found out one major problem.
As of 6.6, ghc calls all interfaces
interface main:Modulename
and so plugins tries to load main_resource_closure instead of
Modulename_resource_closure. That of course fails.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it.
I suppose in contrast to the version from HackageDB, which I got myself on
monday, the darcs version works with ghc >= 6.6, or I probably would have
heard about it. So I'll try to get me that, only where?

And I'm rather annoyed that the stuff from HackageDB tends to be obsolete.
How could we attract people to Haskell, if the downloaded packages just don't
work?
Cheers,
Daniel