[Haskell-cafe] ANN: newports.hs utility for freebsd

Bryan Burgers bryan.burgers at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 05:10:55 EDT 2007

On 6/29/07, brad clawsie <clawsie at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> i have written a small haskell program to solve a problem many users
> of freebsd may have - knowing what ports have been updated after a
> daily/weekly etc cvsup. this is a trivial bit of coding hardly worth
> attention, but if it might be of use to you, you can find it here:
>
> http://www.b7j0c.org/content/haskell-newports.html
>
> standard disclaimers - coded & tested mildly by me, a hobbyist
> haskeller

I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything, but isn't this just a simple:

 find /usr/ports -mtime -1

or

 find /usr/ports -mtime -X

where X is the number of days? What is the advantage of using Haskell
in this case? (And if the answer is involves "Because I wanted to see
if I could" or "For fun" or "To learn", then I'm always okay with
that.)

Bryan

(Brad, sorry you got this twice--I didn't send it to the list the first time)