[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HSH 1.2.0

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 17:41:08 EST 2007

Hi

> There are a couple of things about that function...
>
> First, I did see it, but its description is rather vague on what it
> does.  From the description, it sounds like it is possible that it
> would not return an absolute path; I read it more as expanding
> symlinks.  If it does indeed return an absolute path, I think that
> should be stated explicitly for clarity.

More fatally it's only implemented on GHC, not for any reason, but
because whoever originally implemented it only used GHC! It's
explicitly #ifdef'd to do nothing (just a return) on other compilers.
I also hate the name. I know plenty of people who wanted the function,
but none who ever found it...

> Thanks, BTW, for the library you're maintaining.  I use it heavily.

Thanks. Ditto, I use MissingH heavily too :) (and hope to make Yhc
depend on it shortly...)

Neil