[Haskell-cafe] Attachments on the List

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 07:24:04 EST 2007

P. R. Stanley wrote:
> Hi folks
> I've noticed several messages to this list carrying attached files.
> I'm concerned about rogue data being propagated this way.
> Would the list moderator reconsider the policy regarding attachments?

If you mean udo's message, they're cryptographic signatures, which
identify the sender of the message.

If you mean (for example) alex queiroz' message, that was just a
multipart (plain text/HTML) mail.

Neither of these things are dangerous. In any case I strongly recommend
you use an email client which you are confident will never execute code
in an attachment without your express permission. Ultimately you need to
be in control, otherwise a random junk mail author may catch you out.

Jules Bean