[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] Google summer of code

Bjorn Bringert bringert at cs.chalmers.se
Thu Mar 8 16:30:24 EST 2007

On Mar 8, 2007, at 10:40 , Simon Marlow wrote:

> David House wrote:
>> On 06/03/07, Malcolm Wallace <Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> Well, our wiki to gather ideas is now up-and-running again:
>>>     http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code
>> We should probably remove projects that were succeessfully completed
>> last year, along with the lists of interested students on every
>> project.
>
> I did some general tidying up in the Trac yesterday, including
> closing some of the projects that were done last year.  I'd urge
> others to go and take a look too; I didn't do a complete sweep.

I think that it would be good if we this year would make a short(ish)
list of the projects that we think are the most important, and let
the students focus on applying for those. My impression from last
year is that there were lots of project proposals, most of which
could not be considered important enough to be one of the projects we
pick, no matter how good the students were who wanted to do them.

/Björn