[Haskell-cafe] System.FilePath Re[2]: ANN: HSH 1.2.0

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Sat Mar 10 12:19:37 EST 2007

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> -- i've added crossposts to John Meacham and Einar Karttunen because
> -- you also denoted interest in new i/o library

Me, too :-)

> just a couple of
> ideas:

> - portable async i/o which is able to work via select/epoll/...

I think you mean non-blocking I/O here, right?  Async is not the same thing.

> - interfacing with Streams and FPS libraries

It should also integrate cleanly with the network stack, which needs an
overhaul about as badly as the I/O library.  Einar Karttunen maintains
his network-alt library at

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ekarttun/network-alt/

which I think is a good starting point.

	<b