[Haskell-cafe] Haskell beginner

Scott Williams williasr at google.com
Thu Mar 15 14:40:30 EDT 2007

Hi Arnuld,

It's certainly possible. I'm new to the language too and learning it much
the same way. It sounds like you don't have a lot of experience programming.
I think this is an asset, not a liability. I would be interested in what
concepts are the hardest to understand so the community can develop better
tutorials for users without a lot of functional programming and abstract
math background.

On 3/15/07, arnuld <geek.arnuld at gmail.com> wrote:

> i want to start learning Haskell and willing to master it :-)  i have
> done some Common Lisp from http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/. so i know
> what are functions, variables, etc. BUT i have never done any real
> life programmming or any kind of software development.
>
> in my country no Haskell books are available :-( , hence i can only
> use online Tutorials. my main purpose is to learn real-life
> programming by contributing some "Haskell coding" to a GPLed Software
> written using Haskell.
>
> i have found "Yet Another Haskell Tutorial" after searching the archives.
>
> is it really a good idea to learn Haskell using only Online material ?
> (when one does not have any offline resources)
>

> --
> http://arnuld.blogspot.com/

Scott Williams