[Haskell-cafe] Re: what I learnt from my first serious haskell programm

apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Mon Mar 19 12:41:28 EDT 2007

Chris Kuklewicz wrote:
> This seems to be a result of "module/import" being the one-true-and-unique-way
> to create a namespace combined with almost no support for recursive modules.

I'd like to remind you that the Haskell98 report explicitly allows
recursive modules
    http://haskell.org/onlinereport/modules.html

However, it's a real pity that Hugs doesn't support them at all and that
you have to take extra pains with .boot-files to get them in GHC.
Recursive modules are the lazy evaluation of modules and "One should not
obstruct access to such a vital tool". I want recursive modules for free!

Regards,
apfelmus