[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Haskell Chess

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 19:37:55 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 14:27 +0100, Maxime Henrion wrote:

> As for the portability of the my graphics code, I can just say it's
> GTK+, using Glade XML files, Cairo and SVG on top of Cairo.  All
> of this is supposed to work fine on Windows, if that's what you
> were asking.  I'm not sure about OS X but I think it could also
> work there.  My primary target is UNIX.

The SVG cairo stuff does build and work on Windows. I didn't include it
in the standard build of the installer since it depends on rather more C
libs and made the download a bit bigger than I'd have liked for such a
small addition.

So we could do another build with that in. Deploying Gtk+ apps on
windows is pretty easy, I'm going to write a bit about how to it some
time, but in the mean time here's one I prepared earlier:
http://haskell.org/~duncan/gtk2hs/LSystemSetup.exe

Users don't need GHC or Gtk+ installed, you just bundle all the .dlls
and the download isn't too big I think (3.5M compressed installer for a
1Mb GHC-built .exe + all the Gtk+ dlls).

I've got pre-prepared bundles of gtk+ .dlls that you can use when
building an installer (and another bundle incuding the other header
files and stuff needed to build Gtk2Hs from source):
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/win32/

Duncan