[Haskell-cafe] Haskell and a new web developement mailinglist?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 20:15:41 EDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 04:04:42PM -0400, S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:
> There is currently a happs mailing list.  I see no reason not to
> broaden the subject matter to haskell web development in general.
>
> The URL for the list is http://groups.google.com/group/happs
> -Alex-

Hi Alex

The discription of this mailinglist is labeled
HAppS issues and development.
and can be found here http://groups.google.com/group/happs
correct?
I'd suggest adding it to the comprehensive list of all Haskell related mailing lists
http://haskell.org/mailman/listinfo

You are right that most people (me too) will try using HAppS because it gives
best porformance when talking about haskell http servers.

But writing web applications using haskell is not limited to writing servers
(See the yhc haskell -> javascript pages approach
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Yhc/Javascript by Malcolm Wallace)

If I find time (not in the near future) I'd like to get to know how much effort
it would be adding haskell as native scripting language to browsers (the way
you can use flash or .. but using DOM and HTML as frontent )

This would be really confusing talking about topics like this on a HAppS
mailinglist, wouldn't it?

Marc