[Haskell-cafe] Telling Cabal not to install the executable

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu May 10 06:14:42 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:37:01 +0100, Joel Reymont wrote:
>I tell Cabal to build library and a test harness.
>
>How can I tell Cabal that I only want the library installed?

I haven't got a clue, but I'm very interested in what you find out.
Please make sure to inform the list if you happen to get an answer
off-list.

I recently brought up the topic of specifying a lib and an exe in a
single cabal file[1], though I came at it from a slightly different
angle.  The conclusion in the end seemed to be that a cabal file is for
a single "thingie" only.  Of course that doesn't really suit someone who
believes in (unit)testing.

/M

[1]: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2007-May/025029.html

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com