[Haskell-cafe] Picking an architecture for a Haskell web app

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Thu May 10 11:37:52 EDT 2007

> Regarding Lambdabot, if dynamic loading is all you're after then you'd
> be better off learning how to use hs-plugins and rolling your own. It's
> pretty simple. For dynamic-loading-application design ideas, I suggest
> reading this Yi paper:
>   http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/papers/SC05.html

hs-plugins? Mmm... what an interesting concept.

I've crawled all over the webpage, and I can't see any documentation
anywhere to this effect, but presumably all this dynamic goodness only
works if GHC is installed, right?

BTW... Does lambdabot seriously take every expression you type and
compile it to a binary executable, dynamically link it, and execute it?
I was expecting it to just run a simple source-level interpreter...