[Haskell-cafe] global variables

Tony Morris tmorris at tmorris.net
Thu May 17 22:14:45 EDT 2007

Jason Dagit wrote:
> [...]

For the record, there are also a few who do not believe that global
variables even exist. A best case scenario to save the term requires
that you can prove the finite bounds of our physical universe.

Generally, those same people also believe that it is this oversight of
both parties that ensures that the so-called "flame war" persists, since
declaring something "global" also requires a declaration of the domain
of discourse, which is decided arbitrarily and shifts many times
throughout any real attempt to resolve the issue.

Ever heard the phrase, "of course it works! it works on my machine!"?

Tony Morris
http://tmorris.net/