[Haskell-cafe] Editor

Thomas Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:13:16 EDT 2007

On 21 May 2007, at 13:04, Rodrigo Queiro wrote:

> My friend read your email and remarked:
> "How is this guy not embarrassed posting on the internet about not
> liking vim because he doesn't like editing config files?"

Two points
1)  This guy doesn't like editing config files -- that's his
preference.  He's stated he doesn't like either of vim or emacs, and
whether you agree or not, you maybe should respect that and try to be
useful and answer his question.
2) Believe it or not, a computer is a tool, it's there to get things
done in the fastest and easiest way possible -- I should be able to
edit my preferences in three clicks of a mouse button, rather than
opening the preferences, finding the right place to edit (possibly
looking up the manual to find the relevant things to insert in the
config), typing a load in, and then having my preferences edited!

Yes, I really do think that's an advantage, and no, I don't think
snarky comments about "not liking editing config files" are either
relevant or useful.

Bob