[Haskell-cafe] mac os x installation problem

Dan Drake haskell-cafe at dandrake.org
Thu May 24 22:29:31 EDT 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007 at 05:46PM -0700, Aaron Tomb wrote:
> Hi Edwin,
>
> You need to install the readline framework. This email explains more:
>
>     http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2007-May/
> 012576.html
>
> You'll also need to install the GMP framework mentioned in the email.
> They usually go in /Library/Frameworks, but I believe you can also
> install them in ~/Library/Frameworks, if you prefer.

I figured this out earlier this afternoon! Yes, you need those
frameworks. It's better to put them in /Library/Frameworks; otherwise
you need to pass flags to ghc when you try to compile, as described
here:

http://www.nabble.com/Re:-GNUreadline.framework-and-GMP.framework-t3776769.html

At any rate, once you install the frameworks it should work fine.

Dan

--
Ceci n'est pas une .signature.