[Haskell-cafe] New book: Real-World Haskell!

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri May 25 14:39:19 EDT 2007

Hi

> > 3) I can browse a Subversion repository with a web browser instead of
> > having to download code from the repository from the command line (of
> > course command line is still available). Sometimes viewing a version
> > of a code sample online is all that is needed to answer a question,
> > and in that case I prefer to look instead of downloading a file that I
> > have to delete.
>
> Darcs does have Darcsweb that can be used for the same purpose, with
> the full array of Darcs viewing features. Darcsweb isn't nearly as
> widespread as ViewCVS and the like, but it exists and can be set up
> easily enough.

http://darcs.haskell.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=yhc;a=summary - most
things on haskell.org have a darcsweb, thats the one for Yhc.

Plus I suspect that darcs will be discussed in the book, for building
a library, in which case its only sensible to dogfood your own stuff.
Not that darcs is dogfood, more like a chocolate cake :)

Thanks

Neil