[Haskell-cafe] Broadcast signals between threads

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun May 27 06:07:53 EDT 2007

Hello Joachim,

Friday, May 25, 2007, 9:57:45 PM, you wrote:

> I’m writing a TCP server app ATM. It has one thread per client. Some of
> the clients want to be notified if the internal state changes, while
> others are happily chatting with the server, possible modifying the
> internal state. What I need now is a way for the chatting thread to
> signal “anyone interested” that the state has changed.

i don't read your letter carefully but at least there is throwTo
function what implement exactly what you said in subj. look
Control.Exception module docs and read "awkward squad" paper:

"Tackling the awkward squad: monadic input/output, concurrency,
exceptions, and foreign-language calls in Haskell"
http://research.microsoft.com/Users/simonpj/papers/marktoberdorf/marktoberdorf.ps.gz

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com