AW: [Haskell-cafe] Problems with HaXml -- ghc cant find the libs

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Sun May 27 11:55:58 EDT 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 04:48:10PM +0100, Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Björn wrote:
> >My Programm is something simple right now:
> >
> >Module bjoern where

Keywords like "module" must be lower case.  Module names must be
capitalized.

module Bjoern where

> >Import HaXml

import Text.XML.HaXml

> >Import IO

import IO  (which isn't needed here, but it's harmless)

> >Main = putStrLn "hello world"

Variable names such as "main" must be lowercase.

main = putStrLn "hello world"

> >But it always fails to import the lib...
> >
> >This is what I type to compile it in the shell:
> >ghc --make bjoern

The argument to --make must be a file name, and the file must have a
.hs or .lhs extension.

Stefan