[Haskell-cafe] Coding Standards (Coding Conventions)

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Mon May 28 09:24:07 EDT 2007

On 5/28/07, Donald Bruce Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> pvolgger:
> > I wonder if there are any Coding Standards or Coding Conventions for
> > Haskell. Does anybody know something about it?
>
> We've collected some style guides on the wiki. You could also look at
> projects whose code you think is in good style.
>
>     http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Category:Style
>
> GHC has a style guide. Our small little window manager, xmonad, also has
> a pretty strict style guide.

Pugs has a style described here:

    http://svn.pugscode.org/pugs/docs/Pugs/Doc/Hack/Style.pod

It recommends against punning datatypes and constructors, since we've noticed
that confuses people reading the code. It also proposes a convention
that minimizes
clashes in field names. Pugs code tends to favor declarative over
expression style
and where over let.

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>