[Haskell-cafe] Distributing a program with support files

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon May 28 12:39:44 EDT 2007

Yes, GHC itself has exactly this problem.  We use one method for Windows (the one you describe) and a different one entirely for Unix. This isn't a problem with Haskell; it's just that different OSs have different conventions.  Perhaps Cabal (or some library) could make it easy for us all to avoid re-inventing this wheel?

Simon