[Haskell-cafe] Implementing Mathematica

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Wed May 30 19:22:42 EDT 2007

On 5/30/07, Jon Harrop <jon at ffconsultancy.com> wrote:

> Incidentally, when I try to recompile with optimizations turned on, GHC
> refuses to work:
>
> $ ghc htrace.hs -o htrace
> $ ghc -O2 htrace.hs -o htrace
> compilation IS NOT required
>
> I must delete the target or edit the source to get it to recompile. I assume
> this is a known bug?

If the sources haven't changed and you're only using a different combination
of command-line options, GHC's recompilation checker will determine that no
recompilation is necessary. You can turn off the recompilation checker and
force recompilation unconditionally by adding the -no-recomp flag. (There's
already a feature request to make the recompilation checker consider changes
to command-line options as well as code, it just haven't been implemented.)

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu * Often in error, never in doubt