[Haskell-cafe] FP design

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:24:25 EST 2007

Hello Andrew,

> It used to be easier with OOP. I'm still not quite sure how to pick the
> best possible abstractions in an FP context...

for me, abstraction is anything that i want to be an abstraction. i
just write code in the close-to-natural language and it becomes
Haskell program when appropriate syntax applied.

say, i want to display archive listing. i write:

dir <- readDir archive
listing = map listfile dir
print$ [header]++listing++[footer]

then i write definitions of readDir, listfile and so on in the same
manner

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com