[Haskell-cafe] Re: Best Linux for Haskell?

Maurí­cio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 16:26:55 EST 2007

 > Each year I give Linux a try. (...)
 >
 > So which kind Linux works best for running GHC
 > (6.8.1) and related tools? (I want to give Yi a
 > go, I can’t get it to work on Windows).
 > Debian? Fedora? Ubuntu? (...)

Maybe (and only maybe), before choosing a
distribution, you should choose a package system,
since that's what you are going to use to install
software. Look for RPM and APT, and see what you
think. With my package system (I don't wanna give
you any prejudice, so I won't tell you it's APT),
I can get upgrades easily. But that's because I
know how to use it. There are also other options
beside RPM and APT.

Also, many distributions have live CDs that you
can use to boot your computer and test applications
without installing anything (expect some actions
to be slow, though).

Maurício