[Haskell-cafe] Standalone PNG module?

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Wed Nov 7 12:42:23 EST 2007

> Peter Verswyvelen wrote:
>
>> I would like to load 32-bit images (RGB+alpha) for use with GLUT/OpenGL.
>>

>> I know GTK2HS has support for loading images, but does a standalone Haskell
>> (wrapper) module exists for loading images?
>>
> See the message "PNG files" by Tim Newsham, sent to haskell-cafe on the 30th
> of october.

The code I wrote is onthe wiki at:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library/PNG

However, it does not load files, it generates files, and monochrome ones
at that.  Loading files would be slightly harder since you'd have
to support (or at least test for) more options, but the format isn't
that complicated.

> Reinier

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/