[Haskell-cafe] Why are OCaml and Haskell being used at these companies?

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Nov 12 15:07:43 EST 2007

vigalchin:
>    I am looking for (objective.. i.e. not juts FPL cheerleading) opinions as
>    to why Wall Street ( [3]http://www.janestcapital.com/) and banking  are
>    now using OCaml and Haskell. I really want to understand what industrial
>    markets are adopting FPLs and why in order to help push FPLs penetration
>    into industry. Another company is [4]http://www.galois.com

Perhaps start at http://cufp.galois.com/.

A quick summary: small differences in productivity show up as real
dollar amounts to banking/wall street types, and faults are less
tolerated than in some industries. Galois, in particular, is in it for
the the high assurance/correctness aspects.

So:
    * productivity
    * correctness

-- Don