[Haskell-cafe] HDBC-ODBC crashes on ghc 6.8

Thomas Hartman thomas.hartman at db.com
Mon Nov 19 12:05:07 EST 2007

This minimal program below fails in 6.8.1, works for 6.6.1, for up to date
HDBC-ODBC-1.1.3. (I tried installing both from package and from darcs
head)

Installed and running from cygwin.

When I run it as runghc fail.hs I get a windows popup error "ghc.exe has
encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for the inconvenience".
ghci, same behavior.

When I run it as ghc -e 'main' fail.hs, I don't get a popup window, and no
error message is output, but it fails all the same. (I know this because
more complicated, non-minimal programs, fail.)

So this would seem to be a problem with ghc 6.8.1.

$ cat fail.hs

import Database.HDBC
import Database.HDBC.ODBC

main = connectODBC "some valid connect string, works when run from 6.6.1,
not from 6.8.1"

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.