[Haskell-cafe] expanded standard lib

Vladimir Zlatanov vlado at dikini.net
Tue Nov 20 07:33:21 EST 2007

Yes, those are good points. Maybe adding functionality similar to plt's
planet http://planet.plt-scheme.org and
http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/371/html/mzscheme/mzscheme-Z-H-5.html#node_sec_5.4

In plt scheme including a module, not present in the local repository
, but included via planet, resolves the module, including version, etc...,
downloads it from planet, and uses it appropriately. It makes following
various dependencies extremely easy. Updating with a new version is updating
the appropriate local module definitions.

I have no clue how it would be best to implement this for haskell, but it is
a very user friendly no hassle way to work, so I reckon worth investigating.
Cheers,
Vlado