[Haskell-cafe] Tetris

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Wed Nov 21 09:27:31 EST 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 07:06, Jules Bean wrote:
> As far as I'm aware, all GL implementations come with a GLUT
> implementation.

No: GL is typically installed with your video card drivers and glut must be
installed as a separate package. On Linux, package managers handle this
transparently and most people have freeglut installed (there is also openglut
and the original glut). I'm not sure about Mac OS X but I suspect it also
bundles some kind of glut. The last time I looked at Windows it provided only
minimal support for GL and no glut. You can install glut on a Windows box but
you have to do it manually.

> It doesn't give you a very sophisticated UI - hardly anything beyond the
> ability to open new windows - but it does work, it's simple, and it's
> cross platform.

Yes.