[Haskell-cafe] Searched for mdo on haskell.org. Found nothing.

Richard Kelsall r.kelsall at millstream.com
Thu Nov 22 08:23:43 EST 2007

I was reading the 'Problems with do notation' thread and Thomas
Schilling suggested reading about mdo. Not knowing mdo I thought
that sounds interesting and went to

http://haskell.org/

which redirects you to

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell

and gives you a search box. Typing mdo and clicking the Search
button gives

"Showing below 0 results starting with #1.
No page title matches
No page text matches
Note: unsuccessful searches are often caused by searching for common
words like "have" and "from", which are not indexed, or by specifying
more than one search term (only pages containing all of the search
terms will appear in the result)."

Maybe mdo is too common to be indexed?

So I went to Google and searched for Haskell mdo and top of the
list is this page :

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/syntax-extns.html

which is Chapter 8. GHC Language Features 8.3. Syntactic extensions
which describes mdo.

Did I do something wrong when searching haskell.org?

Richard.