[Haskell-cafe] New demo/test program for Yhc Javascript backend

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 14:31:08 EST 2007

Fair enough, I can wait for a couple of days.

You might want to fix

thartman at none:~/haskell-installs/yhc-install/yhc/src/translator/js/test>darcs
whatsnew
{
hunk ./src/translator/js/test/Makefile 12
-       $(YHC) -includes ../lib/haskell -linkcore $<
+       $(YHC) --includes ../lib/haskell --linkcore $<
}

immediately though.

This is the only makefile for the javascript stuff in the repo, and it
doesn't work because of - instead of --. Given your darcs log message
that the javascript compiler would be broken I initially assumed that
was the reason and not a flags change.

More questions. So okay, it builds, I have Test1.html. It's a blank
file with a bunch of javascript. I have firebug, so I can ask execute
stuff in the javascript console. But I can't figure out what to
execute. factorial isn't there, nor sumlst... none of the interesting
looking functions? So what is this supposed to do? And can I change
the makefile so that at least it generates javascript where I can
execute the interesting functions in the firebug console?

thomas.