[Haskell-cafe] New slogan for haskell.org

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 27 08:51:00 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 20:31 -0800, David Fox wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2007 11:38 AM, Thomas Schilling <nominolo at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>         Haskell is a general-purpose, pure functional programming
>         languages
>         that puts many interesting results from research into a
>         practical
>         programming language.  It's features include:
>
>  I think it is stronger to say "many powerful results" rather than
> "many interesting results".

Yes, good!

Also it should be "its" rather than "it's", but I didn't want to reply
to my own message since it was meant as a draft to work with.

I'd like to turn this into a refinement of a concrete proposal.  I
skimmed the original thread and it pretty much diverged into experience
reports or meta-level discussions on what or how to advertise Haskell.
This has its place, but I think we can get to a description that is good
enough for now and addresses Don's issues mentioned in the
thread-starting message.

So, I would welcome more concrete adjustments to my proposal.

/ Thomas