[Haskell-cafe] Haskell and DB : giving up

manu emmanuel.delaborde at citycampus.com
Wed Nov 28 13:11:25 EST 2007

Hello

I've spent a few days trying to install all the packages required to
use HaskellDB with either MySQL or SQlite3
(the only 2 DB the host I was thinking about is supporting)

Well, I am giving up ! I seriously regret replacing ghc-6.6 with
ghc-6.8, I didn't expect that building packages would be so ...
unsucessfull and time-wasting.

I just thought I'd let you know what's in store for "PHP-style-users-
like-me" who want to use a database with ghc-6.8.1 at the moment, the
hurdle is high !

I hope these packages will be fixed soon (I can't figure how to fix
them myself obviously).

And now I'm going to stay away from my computer for a while :)

cheerio