[Haskell-cafe] New slogan for haskell.org

Laurent Deniau laurent.deniau at cern.ch
Fri Oct 5 13:06:10 EDT 2007

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2007, at 12:33 , Henning Thielemann wrote:
>
>> http://www.henning-thielemann.de/CHater.html#CvsM3_ControlFlow
>
> I can has English?  :)
>
> If the first large table is any indication, though, we may need to
> define "inconsistent".  C syntax shown there is quite consistent; what
> it isn't, is designed to keep humans from making certain kinds of
> mistakes.  I'm rather mixed on that goal:  on the one hand, C does
> attract certain errors due to its syntax, but on the other, a language
> designed to coddle the programmer also tends to keep the programmer from
> doing useful things.  (What's the last practical application you've seen
> in Logo?  Or un-extended Pascal?)

Fully agreed. The only inconsistency I can think of is the declaration
of pointer to function returning a pointer to function. This is
effectively a bit hard to read since it needs to read forth and back to
evaluate the expression. A typedef will simplify the reading when
frequently used as in state machines.

ld.