[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: binary 0.4: high performance, pure binary parsing and serialisation

Adam Langley agl at imperialviolet.org
Sat Oct 6 15:13:01 EDT 2007

On 10/6/07, Felipe Almeida Lessa <felipe.lessa at gmail.com> wrote:
> May I ask what are the changes? I didn't find some sort of changelog anywhere.

There's the darcs changes list. The descriptions there in are .. terse :)

But here's a selection:
  * Add getLazyByteStringNul.

-- | Get a lazy ByteString that is terminated with a NUL byte. Fails
-- if it reaches the end of input without hitting a NUL.
getLazyByteStringNul :: Get L.ByteString

  * Fix strictness bug in runGetState that led to runtime errors.

  * Port binary to ghc 6.8

  * add parallel driver  (appears to be a parallel quicktest - which
is cool because the tests took quite a while previously).

Adam Langley                                      agl at imperialviolet.org
http://www.imperialviolet.org                       650-283-9641