[Haskell-cafe] On the verge of ... giving up!

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 14 10:22:44 EDT 2007

Vimal wrote:
> I think you have got a very good point in your mail that I overlooked
> all along ... "Why was Haskell created?" is a question that I havent
> tried looking for a answer :)

To avoid success at all costs?

(No, seriously. The basic idea was that there used to be about two-dozen
languages like Haskell, but all developed by different people and all
with different syntax and so on. So they wanted to create a single
language suitable for teaching to students. You could say it's the
Pascal of the functional world... Hey, maybe that explains the lack of
success?)