[Haskell-cafe] System.Posix

Bjorn Bringert bringert at cs.chalmers.se
Tue Oct 16 15:06:51 EDT 2007

If you want to try and implement some of the System.Posix API using
the win32 API, a good place to put that would be in the unix-compat
package.

Darcs repo: http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~bringert/darcs/unix-compat/
Hackage page: http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/
package/unix-compat-0.1

It currently re-exports the unix package if available, and if not,
tries to fake it using the standard libraries or sensible defaults.
Using the win32 package would be a nice addition.

/Björn

On Oct 16, 2007, at 20:35 , Galchin Vasili wrote:

> Hi Bjorn (and everybody),
>
>     What would it entail to get System.Posix working on Windows?
> Would a mininum requirement e.g. be teh installation of http://
> www.cygwin.com? Or write a POSIX API to Win32 API binding? If I
> understand the problem, I wouldn't mind giving a run at it!
>
> Regards, Bill
>

> On 10/16/07, Bjorn Bringert <bringert at cs.chalmers.se> wrote: On Oct
> 16, 2007, at 3:25 , Galchin Vasili wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> >     In a Hugs environment, I am able to import System.Directory but
> > not to import System.Posix. Here is my environment ... .;{Hugs}
> > \packages\*;C:\ftp\CatTheory\Haskell\SOE\graphics\lib\win32\*. I
> > really want to use the Posix module. Help!!!
> >
> > Kind regards, Bill Halchin
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> it seems like you are using Hugs under Windows. As far as I know
> System.Posix is not available on Windows.
>
> /Björn

/Björn