[Haskell-cafe] Strange subtract operator behavior

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Tue Oct 16 17:12:11 EDT 2007

Concurrent Clean uses the ~ symbol for unary negation. That's also a way
of fixing it.

Personally I could also live with allowing no space between the minus
sign and the number... If you leave a space, - becomes the subtract
operator.

Coming from C++ I always make the mistake to forget parentheses around
negative numbers in Haskell, which is very often needed.